Things to Do when staying at Alexandria
Town of Wynyard and Surrounding Area – within 15 minutes drive:
- Wynyard Town Centre (2 min drive)
- Wonders of Wynyard – Visitor Centre (2 min drive)
- Walking tracks along the Inglis River town side to Gutteridge Gardens and the wharf (3 kms return from Alexandra)
- Walking track along the river to Wynyard Golf Club, bird rookery and Fossil Bluff where the largest marine fossil was found.
- Tulip Festival ‘Bloomin’ Tulips’ in October. A display of Daffodils in September, Tulips in October, and Dutch iris in late October and early November at the Table Cape Tulip Farm.
- Table Cape and Lighthouse / observation area
- Visit Boat Harbour beach – voted one of the 10 best beaches in Australia, only 20 km away via scenic Table Cape
- Continue on to Sisters Beach, a popular swimming beach with shady trees.
- Golf – Wynyard Golf Club and Seabrook Golf Club
Within 1 hour drive:
- Rocky Cape National Park – easy walking tracks featuring coastal views
- Hellyer Gorge State Reserve – 10 min walk along the Hellyer river between steep ridges
- Continue on to Waratah, once the site of the world’s richest tin mine. Enjoy wilderness, lakes, trout fishing, gold panning, mine tours etc. Drop into the Waratah Museum.
- Visit the Regional Museum in Burnie (20kms from Alexandria)
- Visit The Makers Workshop, Burnie.
- Take a tour and sample the golden liquid at Hellyers Whiskey Distillery, Burnie
- Visit The Nut and Historic Stanley; and the town of Smithton.
- Drive along the coast road towards the East through towns such as Penguin, Ulverstone and Devonport
- Visit a Waterfall – Dip falls towards Stanley, Guide Falls in Ridgley, Waratah and Philosopher Falls in Waratah
Within 2 hours drive:
- The majestic Cradle Mountain and surrounding National Park- within 1.5 hours drive.
- Visit Sheffield – the town of Murals.
- The West Coast Triangle – Strahan, Zeehan, Queenstown.
- Book a tour on the West Coast Wilderness Railway or book a cruise on the Gordon River in Strahan.
- Explore the wilderness and mining history of Zeehan and Queenstown.
Alexandria Bed and Breakfast
1 Table Cape Road
MON to SUN
8 am to 8 pm
2:00pm - 8:00pm
Mon to Fri - 6:00am - 8:00am
Sat and Sun - 6:00am - 8:30am
1 Table Cape Road
Phone: 03 6442 4411
Let us know if you have any questions.